Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Fall Running

I got out of work early today and decided to take advantage of what little day light was left outside. What a great day for running. It was a crisp, brisk fall day. Not too windy or cold, and the sun was shining!
I ran my usual route, however today it seemed so unfamiliar to me. What a difference running in the daylight makes! The leaves are beginning to change color and fall to the ground. (I made it a point to go off track and run through piles of wind blown leaves!) The smell of fireplaces burning lingered in the air. I love fall! I'm not sure if it was the time of day, or the weather conditions, but there were runners everywhere. I'm not use to that. When I run at night, I usually see 2 or 3 other runners.
I ran longer than usual tonight. This was the probably the best I have felt running in a long time. I didn't want to stop. My legs were good, breathing was good, i-pod music was good....so I just kept on running! I am not sure of the mileage, but I ran a full 50 minutes, and I felt good. I would of gone a little longer, but it was getting dark, and I have some errands to run tonight. There's always tomorrow...

3 Comments:

At Thursday, October 27, 2005 5:35:00 AM, Blogger susie said...

Isn't it great when it all comes together like that? Nothing better...

 
At Thursday, October 27, 2005 1:03:00 PM, Blogger taskette said...

Sounds like you had a good run! Awesome!

 
At Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:15:00 PM, Blogger David said...

That daylight run will have to be a keepsake for a few months. Damn, I hate when Day Light Savings ends. I usually run in the morning so I may see more light but I much prefer the light at the end of the day.
Good job on the solid 50 minutes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home