Saturday, October 15, 2005

Hi, It's me.....The Running Red Sox Fan

Hello RBFers,
It's me, The Running Red Sox Fan. I know what you all are saying.......The Running who???? We don't know you, get outta here! Seriously though........I know all of you, (well, maybe not all........and maybe I don't REALLY know you), but I feel like I do! Running Chick with the Orange Hat, A.Marie, Susan, The Chocolate Runner, Flatman, Jeff, Aprile Anne. The list can go on and on, and I would link your name to your sites, but I haven't got a handle on this blog stuff yet!
A little about me: I began running the beginning of the year. It started off slow and I hated every minute of it! As time went on, I began to LOVE running. I don't want to fool any of you, I am by no means a "real" runner. I can barely run an 11:00 mile, I am not preparing to run a marathon and the longest distance I have ever run is 4 miles. I know that is many of the RBFers warm-up run, but it is HUGE for me! I try to run at least 4 times a week and I have joined a running club that meets 2 nights a week. I have run 2 5K races my official times being 35:34 and 33:28. That's it, those two races are my claim to running fame! TAAH-DAAA!!
I plan on blogging a couple times a week, so I hope you come by and visit. You have all been such and inspiration to me and my running.
I am now going to go and do what I have wanted to do for months now.........leave you all comments, and link my site!!!
Happy Running to you all!

8 Comments:

At Saturday, October 15, 2005 9:35:00 PM, Blogger a.maria said...

well hey there!!! and welcome to the wonderful world of running blogs!

i'm all excited to follow your new adventure!! good stuff. and thanks for the comment :)

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:19:00 AM, Blogger David said...

Well there's absolutely nothing wrong with having another Red Sox fan in the family. If you're a regular reader of Susie, you'll notice she ran the Hartford half marathon (1) in the rain and (2) with her Red Sox hat on.
Good for you for cranking up a running career. I'd be worried if you started out all fast and running marathons; then youd be hurt like Jon in Michigan.
Take care. Have fun. Gotta run.

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2005 9:48:00 AM, Blogger christine said...

Hi
I'm fairly new to the blogg thing myself, still working out the bugs....check me out at RBF....I'm Up and Running. I've been running 3-4 x's a week for the past year and while I have no real race aspirations, I am continually amazed at what running has grown to mean to me....Susie and several of the RBFers you've mentioned have inspired me many a run.
Happy trails, Chris

 
At Monday, October 17, 2005 4:25:00 AM, Blogger susie said...

Hi new RBFer! We all start somewhere (and some of us take two steps forward and three back). The running club is a great idea; I did that for a while, too. Good luck and keep us posted:)

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:51:00 PM, Blogger taskette said...

I'm sorry ya'll... What's RBF?? Red Sox Fan & any others...what kind of music do you run to? i have a lot of music but I'm not quite sure what I should listen to while running. Thanks!

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 11:27:00 AM, Blogger jeanne said...

Welcome and sorry, but yeah, p.s., you're a runner!!

It took me til after i ran like 12 miles until i accepted that fact!

Read my past posts (shameless self-plug); i've only been running since April 2005, and I do run/walk (which makes me REALLY questionable in some people's eyes! but not RBf-ers, god bless 'em!) for the long runs, but the short ones i just run... and i'm slow slow slow. And of course you're slow if you just started!! If your running club is too fast for you, see if you can find one that has a "back of the pack" group. Once i finish this nutty marathon thing, that's the group i'm gonna join.

Anyway, welcome, and thanks for leaving me a comment! and Boston rocks!

 
At Tuesday, October 25, 2005 5:25:00 PM, Blogger Derek said...

hey, i just found your blog via taskette. hi from a fellow runner and sox fan.

 
At Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:51:00 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

One of the great things about reading other RBF blogs is following the common thread that runs throughout. We all have doubts sometimes and most of us are looking to improve. So, you're a real runner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home