Monday, October 17, 2005

Scary, outside and in.

Tonight's running only lasted approximately 30 minutes. The street I run on was unusually dark and creepy tonight. Not sure if it was all the Halloween decorations on the houses or maybe it was the fact that I was running along side of a cemetery! Whatever it was, it had me running about a 10:20 mile.........maybe I should run dark creepy roads more often! I also changed my running playlist on my i-pod, so that had me picking up the pace a little too.

Yesterday, my runner friend at work qualified for Boston. Yeah...... I am so happy for her. Yesterday was her 3rd marathon, and she's only been running for about 2 years. She has challenged me to a half marathon in March! YIKES!! I don't know what to do. I know it's 5 months away, and I know that at some point I have to break out of my 3/4 mile comfort zone. It's just real scary to set a goal like that. I told her I'd have to get back to her. She's relentless, so I know she'll keep hounding me until I say yes! She has been after me to run a 10k, she claims that if I am able to run 4 miles, 6 will be no problem! Umm ya....easy for her to say lil' Miss BQ! I really do need to start extending my mileage. I have yet to run the 5 miler with my new running club, because I am the slowest one and already feel like a loser! Honestly, I so do not fit in with this running club. These people all have and or are training for marathons. Then there's me, trotting around the track, barely able to breath, sweating like a pig, sometimes stopping to catch my breath before I pass out........and that's only at mile 1! I swear, just the warm-up puts me over the top, then they expect me to run! The nerve.

3 Comments:

At Monday, October 17, 2005 7:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:56:00 AM, Blogger taskette said...

Red Sox Fan, I know what you mean. I thought about joining a running group but I can not run long or far before I have to stop & walk. I decided to run on my own at the track until I feel more comfortable with my running. I don't like feeling embarassed. Anyways...good luck with your running and let us know if you decide on that half marathon.

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:15:00 AM, Blogger susie said...

I started right there. We all start somewhere! So put one foot in front of the other and keep at it. Plus, running with others keeps me motivated. Keep up the good work and you won't regret it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home