Monday, November 07, 2005

Question?

OK, so I feel like such a heel...here I am giving people nutritional advice like I know what I am talking about. I mean a month or two ago, I did go to see Sports Nutritionist Nancy Clark speak. Doesn’t that qualify me as an expert???
The thing is, I am good at giving advice to other people and supplying them with healthy tips, but my own eating habits are, well....let’s just say...not so healthy according to Nancy Clark. It’s not that I gorge myself on junk food all day. I am just not consuming the right foods that I need to make me a better runner. At the session with Nancy Clark, she could not stress enough about “eating to run, not running to eat”. Honestly, my intentions when I first started this whole running thing were to maybe lose some weight, and yes....run to eat. Who knew I was going to enjoy running and try to take it to the next level.

My question for all you RBFers: Is it really going to make that big of a difference in my running if I change my eating habits?

I’d also like to give a shout out to djgoldnboy. I am luvin’ the mile tracker you sent to me. I hope that's thanks enough!!!

One other thing….I never thought I would see a day when I got excited over new orthodics for my sneakers! I just picked them up...can’t wait to take them for a spin.

6 Comments:

At Monday, November 07, 2005 4:18:00 PM, Blogger taskette said...

I found the link djgoldnboy put in a comment of your earlier post. I used it the other day. It is awesome....so thanks from me also!

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 9:24:00 PM, Blogger The Clyde said...

Thanks for the shout out, payment accepted.

It is a great tool, I use it all the time, and it's kind of cool to see your own backyard from a satelite image.

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 10:12:00 PM, Blogger taskette said...

In answer to your ? about the food thing. I don't know. I have heard when you start to run your body craves what it needs. I bought the Nancy Clark book "Food Guide for Marathoners" but haven't been able to read it yet. I also just got the "Runnmer's World Runner's Diet" book and have only got into about 10 pages into it.

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2005 11:07:00 AM, Blogger David said...

I think you'll find that your body does crave what it needs. You may have to introduce it to the things that are good for it so you acquire the taste and experience the satisfaction of getting by on whatever it is.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:28:00 PM, Blogger christine said...

I guess there are two camps:
eat to run and run to eat.....i definitely fall into the second, though i have been making gradual changes over the past year.
I will say this though, I used to skip brakfast which always led to overeating somewhere else in the day, eating breakfast is probably the best change as far food goes .

 
At Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:13:00 AM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

I am the worst culprit of running to eat. Always have been. My running would probably improve if I fixed the nutrition aspect of my life. sigh. Why do I have to have the salty snack gene, AND the sweet tooth gene???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home