Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Holiday Running

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and I wish you all health and happiness for the New Year.

I feel like I have been eating non-stop for weeks now. It has got to stop. Immediately ....or, well...at least after this weekend!
There will be no New Years resolutions for this Running Red Sox Fan. I just plan on continuing down the same fitness path that I have been on. Running on a regular basis and “trying’ to maintain a healthy diet, as well as my occasional visits to the gym.

I haven’t been running as much as I would like over the holidays. I went running the Friday before Christmas, and then not again until yesterday. I’ve come to find out that it is extremely hard to run while either A- being drunk or B- being hung over....bad holidays....bad, bad, bad holidays!

I went to the gym last night and got in 3 miles on the treadmill, they went as follows:
Mile 1 – 10:53
Mile 2 – 11:38
Mile 3 - 12:00
Not too bad for someone who has been indulging on anything and everything I can get my hands on and drinking on top of it....not too bad, if I do say so myself.
I will be back at the gym tonight hopefully getting in 4 miles.
So that’s it...that’s all I got for running news.
Oh, and the Achilles is STILL sore...but still doesn’t hurt when I run!

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

I had one run over the holidays while hungover. Not good. I'm sick of holiday cookies, etc. I got on the scale and have gained 4-lbs in the last 2 weeks. Bad holidays, bad!

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:10:00 PM, Blogger Flatman said...

I definitely need to get my eating under control too! Right after this weekend, I am getting serious...

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 9:50:00 AM, Blogger a.maria said...

LOL. i love it.. if you read a any other blogs this week, you'll find we ALL need to control our eating.

and that we're ALL getting serious about it....

in a week!
love it!
(as she munches on a cookie)....

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:06:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Yeah.. drinking bad. bad. bad. I think that's why I've been coughing the past two days. Damn alcohol lowered my immunity and got me sick! Hmmpfh!

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 9:28:00 PM, Blogger David said...

A good night of drinking can be fun. The hangover means you had too much alky without enough water. Drink more water and stretch that achilles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home