Monday, December 19, 2005

Moving is good!

I went running yesterday for the first time in almost 4 weeks....and boy am I feeling it today. My back is killing me, I think my form was off, because - yeah, I got form! My "form" was off because some people didn't shovel their sidewalks and I was tip-toeing around on the ice trying not to kill myself. Effers. I slipped a couple of times and twisted my ankle. I had to stop a minute and shake it off, I really thought I did some serious damage, but I was fine.

The Achilles is still sore, strange thing is, it doesn't hurt when I run. I thought it might feel irritated today, but it doesn't, so that's a good thang.
I really missed running for 4 weeks, it was such a nice feeling getting out there yesterday with my i-pod and just moving. Moving is good!

5 Comments:

At Monday, December 19, 2005 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Kurt in Boston said...

The ice out there on the Boston side of the Charles River really sucks right now -- almost fell a couple times on Sunday. Be careful!

Oh, and you've been tagged.

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 7:19:00 PM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Glad to hear the Achilles didn't bug you during your run! Isn't this winter running thing getting old? I am tired of almost biting the dust every time I go out to run! I am ready to say Goodbye! to Old Man Winter!

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 4:39:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Glad you are moving again. Watch out for that ice.

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:32:00 PM, Blogger susie said...

Moving IS good. I'm trying not to complain too much about the winter cold...at least I can be out there now.

 
At Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:32:00 PM, Blogger David said...

Running after four weeks of not is about as nice as a cold beer after a long day on the beach in July. Don't you wish we could go to the beach?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home