Friday, January 27, 2006

Pretty freaky!!

OK – So just play along with me for one minute.....

I went to see a psychic a few days ago and at the end of our session, I asked her about my running and how she sees me keeping up with a schedule, training..blah blah blah. She then proceeds to ask me if I am having a knee problem..(see previous posts!) and I say "why yes, I am". She tells me I need to stop running through the problem and if I don’t it will have a big impact on my running. So don’t you know, the next morning I wake up and my knee (the back of it) is killing me, because the previous day (same day I saw the psychic) I ran about 4 miles and did some hill work, all with an aching knee. Pretty freaky!! She also told me to buy new running sneakers, but I am waiting until April for that. That’s when my current pair will be approximately a year old.

I have decided to give the knee a rest for a few days, and believe it or not, it is feeling a whole heck of a lot better.
I am going to give it a shot tomorrow with a 4 or 5 miler……..

Now I know what all you non-believers are saying...."Aimee, have you lost your freakin’ mind?"……and yes, that is quite possible, BUT she also said some other things that were on point. Who am I to defy the words of wisdom of a woman I have never met before, who doesn’t know me from a hole in the wall, doesn’t know my medical history...(kind of sounds like a comment section in blog world doesn’t it!!) I’ll take all the advice I can get.

One more thing - I have been refraining from commenting on the whole Red Sox debacle....I am beside myself. They are making such a spectacle of themselves and The Nation. They ought to be ashamed. Eff Theo!

5 Comments:

At Friday, January 27, 2006 10:27:00 PM, Blogger christine said...

you're not a freak. desperate times call for desperate measures.
i once racked up a huge phone bill lamenting to some psychic on the phone...over a guy!! lol

 
At Friday, January 27, 2006 11:56:00 PM, Blogger runninturnip said...

wow, that is freaky! I have heard with shoes that they shoudl be replaced every 500 or 600 miles. Mine are reaching 600 and I can tell with my own knees! Hope you feel better soon.

 
At Monday, January 30, 2006 7:37:00 PM, Blogger a.maria said...

omg i totally believe in psychics thats eerie!

 
At Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:11:00 PM, Blogger Danny said...

maybe the psychic reads your blog?

 
At Sunday, February 05, 2006 2:23:00 PM, Blogger David said...

A year in the same shoes? I would hope then, that you're not running more than 35 miles a month; or else I can point to your knee right now and then point at your shoes and say, "There's the culprit!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home