Thursday, February 02, 2006

Effin' Groundhog

Effin’ Groundhog. 6 more weeks of winter...that’s all I need. Although, this has been a very mild winter, so I shouldn’t be complaining too much. I just want to be able to stay outside and run. I have to be honest with you; the cold has really put a damper on my running. I use to be out 4-5 times a week running and since the temperature has dropped my ass has been slacking...seriously slacking. I just can’t get motivated in 10-20-30 degree weather, and I hate the treadmill.
We haven’t had much snow, but we are famous for getting a mid-March snowstorm in Boston. Not something I look forward to. It’s just depressing. I need to move to Miami.

I am off to NYC next week-end. I would love to maybe get in an early morning run around the city (weather permitting). We’ll see...I suspect I will be too hung over to do anything. Who am I kidding, this is a single girls week-end, all I’m going to be doing is eating, drinking and having fun! Running will be the last thing on my mind! Unless of course I meet the (running) man of my dreams (seeing as it will be Valentine’s week-end, the week-end of luvas in NYC) and he whisks me off to Central Park for that early morning run!!! Wishful thinking I know... I’ll just stick to the eating and drinking…..that always seems to work for me.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:17:00 AM, Blogger a.maria said...

OMG. i want a single girls weekend. no fair! so jealous!!!

as for building guy, btw.. he did ask if i wanted him to come take a look at it, but like the total DOPE i am i was like.. "oh i think i can handle it, i just, ya know...need a screwdriver"

yeah i have no game. as if that hasn't just become PAINFULLY OBVIOUS yet!!

 
At Sunday, February 05, 2006 2:24:00 PM, Blogger David said...

There's a god of a runner out there waiting for you but you have to be on the sidewalk for him to see you.

 
At Monday, February 06, 2006 6:52:00 PM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

I hear you on the 6 more weeks of winter! I know January was awesome, and we are definitely paying for it in Ohio now, though - freezing cold and snowy, nasty sidewalks again!

Have fun in NYC!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home