Friday, April 28, 2006

Do Over!

So ya, it's been awhile. My apologies.
I HAVE been running, as well as blog reading; I just haven't been posting and commenting. Please, don't take it personal....it's me. It's all me.

Since being shut down at work and the start of baseball season, I've just been....well....a little preoccupied. Sorry!

Enough of that already.....Today was the big day. You might ask, "what big day?"..well today was the day I officially signed up for my marathon training!
Oh Yeah. WooHoo. It's my birfday. Go Mamma Go.

My original plan was to run the Philly marathon, but that has since changed. I am training with a group that plans to run Chicago, but I may end up doing Hartford. It would be the same training schedule seeing as there is only a week or two difference between the races. A few factors come into play in making my decision, but that's a whole nother' post.

My main reason for this post is to say .......HEY RBFer's - I have officially signed up to run my 1st marathon....Do you hear me??? MY FIRST MARATHON!!!!

Perhaps my posts will be a lot more interesting, as they will (should) be filled with "real" running trials and tribulations. Heehee. I don't want anyone to get their hopes up though.....I am still slow as snail, but making progress. Slow and steady wins the race. That is my mantra for my MARATHON training!!!

6 Comments:

At Friday, April 28, 2006 6:00:00 PM, Blogger susie said...

Congrats on the decision. good luck!

 
At Friday, April 28, 2006 7:04:00 PM, Blogger David said...

Now your clucking. Good for you! Get Coco Crisp out there with you. He needs to get some work in too.

 
At Monday, May 01, 2006 9:00:00 AM, Blogger Blaine Moore said...

Wise decision!

Another marathon you might look at that is better than Hartford and not much further away is the Mystic Places Marathon down in Niantic, CT. I ran a 15 minute PR there last fall, and it is in the same general timeframe as Chicago/Hartford.

 
At Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:48:00 PM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go. Here's to your first time!!

 
At Sunday, May 14, 2006 6:49:00 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

Hey, I'm so behind on your news!! Congratulations! You'll be great.

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:32:00 PM, Blogger a.maria said...

you're back! this is awesome news!

you're training for a marathon! this is even awesomer news (yup. i talk good english.)

very excited for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home