Tuesday, May 23, 2006

4miles. 47.10

I am SO better than that...4 miles in 47.10...UGH. Can you say SLOW??? I am telling you, this running schedule is totally kicking my ass, and I’m not sure why. Prior to joining the training program, I was running 3-4 times a week, so this is nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaps I am pushing myself harder and not just running at my leisurely pace. I think that’s it...I’m pushing myself. I like that. Pushing is good, in moderation...because I am friggin’ exhausted. I was sound asleep on the couch one night last week at 7:00pm. Honestly...

The training is going good. My schedule is a little off this week. I didn’t run yesterday, I had bigger fish to fry, like the Sox/Yanks game. I had tickets to the game last night and didn’t want to fall asleep by the 5th inning, so I pushed my schedule up a day this week. I will run tonight, Wednesday, Friday, and do my long run on Sunday. The training club isn’t meeting this weekend due to the holiday. Next week, I will back on their schedule.

This weeks training consists of a hill(s) workout. Not too bad, my only motivation is knowing that running hills will maybe, kinda, sorta, possibly, firm up my ass. Hey, what ever works to get me up them, that’s what I say! It’s a mind game people!

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Run for Chocolate said...

Mind over matter, baby, is the name of the game. Go Sox!

 
At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:29:00 PM, Blogger susie said...

I always find that if I do the first mile really slowly, I can build up and maintain a much faster pace for the rest. If I start fast, forget it.

 
At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:01:00 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

Hey, you ran four miles! That's awesome. Try not to get too focused on speed...that is always my undoing!

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 1:58:00 PM, Blogger J said...

gotta love a girl who loves baseball!

thanks for the comment, too. i'd definitely say go with the drink over the nap. you probably need it with only a 1.5 game lead over the NY skanks =)

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 2:26:00 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

I struggled through my 3 miles today...very slow. I don't think my mind was there! I think I might take tomorrow off and cross train on friday..we'll see.

 
At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 11:21:00 AM, Blogger a.maria said...

my last run this past saturday i started off WAYYYYY too fast and completely blew my load too early. i couldn't get into my running groove until mile 4... and i'm running a marathon in a week! 8 miles should be nothing!

but alas... we all have off days. i wouldn't worry too much about speed... those hill workouts will definitely help you there, and you'll have a smokin derriere to boot! what could be better?!?!

 
At Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:01:00 PM, Blogger David said...

I am glad you had your priorities straight and made it to the Sox game.
Run later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home