Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm not sure how it is in your neck of the woods, but it has been raining for days here.......and not your normal May showers, I mean torrential down pours. It's friggin' ridiculous. I hate the rain.

I was so proud of myself yesterday. My alarm went off at 6:30AM, I look out the window at the down pour that is taking place and I did not once think about bailing on my marathon training. I went, got dressed and headed out the door. The training group had sent an e-mail out on like Thursday stressing that "runners run in the rain" and that they would only call off the run if it was lightening out. Who are they calling a runner??? They must have me confused!

On the Sat. schedule, it had the red group doing a 3 mile run.....OK fine, I can handle that, no big deal, even in the rain. I get there and the red group leader says, "you have a choice, you can either do a 3 miler or a 4"....WTF. Now I'm feeling like she's guilting me to do 4, but I don't want to, I only want to do 3 and I'm already soaking wet from standing in the rain for a whole 2 minutes.....can we just start already. Both routes start off the same, the 3 just turns off earlier than the 4, so I'm running with some people and their asking me which one I'm going to do...I just tell them I'm going to play it by ear. I'll decide when I get to the turning point, if I turn, I'm doing 3 and if I don't I guess it'll be 4.
By the time we got to the turning point, I was drenched, soaked to the bone, my glasses were foggy and wet, I was running in puddles and wet up to the knees......so I turned.
The run itself was fine, I clocked in at 30:35.....I must of been hoofin' it because of the rain. Nice.
It looks like I will probably only be posting once a week....on the week-end.
My training schedule is running on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. So far so good.

I hope all you Mother's out there have a wonderful day!!

3 Comments:

At Sunday, May 14, 2006 4:00:00 PM, Blogger susie said...

That's a great wet run. But aren't you getting sick of this weather? Yeah, me too.

 
At Sunday, May 14, 2006 6:56:00 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

Ugh, I remember those runs in that kind of rain. Not fun! What group are you training with? They sound very organized.

 
At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:09:00 AM, Blogger LadyCaptain said...

Just wanted to say hi. I stumbled over to your blog from another I frequently visit. Looks like we're in the same training group and color group.

Wasn't that run insane last week? I did the same thing you did, got to the 3 mile turn and said enough of this.

Maybe I'll see you there next weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home