Sunday, June 04, 2006

Two Posts in One! 5 miles - 7 1/2 miles

So I had this big long post ready to go last week and when I hit the button to save it...I got a big error message/time out and lost the whole thing.
It went something like this:
I ran 5 miles on Sunday 5/28/06, I am not disclosing the time. I swear I am faster, I don't know what's happening to me!

I bought a new car. (I actually bought it 3 weeks ago, I just kept
forgetting to tell you)

I am off to San Diego next week....no, no, no silly, not for the
marathon...just to party like a rock star and get my sun on. I will be
there 2 days after the marathon, so I won't even be able to cheer everyone on.

I also want to give a big shout out to A.Maria, Runner Susan and everyone else running on Sunday. Rock n' Roll Baby!!!

Today's running 6/4/06.......I just finished running 7 and a half miles! This is my longest distance to date. It was a good run. There was a little drizzle the whole way, which was fine, it keep me cool. My dogs are barking right about now. I have a tender spot on the bottom of my left foot. I hope it doesn't amount to a blister. So yeah...I ran 7 and a half miles. I feel good about that. Actually, I was suppose to run it Sat. morning with my training group....but I had a little too much to drink Friday night after work and could not lift my head off the pillow when my alarm went off at 6:45 yesterday morning. I was actually very proud of myself for not blowing it off all together. I didn't have much faith in myself to run that long of a distance by myself...but I did. Yeah me.

I am off to San Diego on Tuesday. I can't wait! I sooo need a vacation. I have already planned my running schedule while I am there. I have promised myself I would not blow off the training schedule just because I am away. I am actually looking forward to running in new surroundings, in the sunshine and near a NICE beach......not the crappy east coast ones that I run at.
I will miss my long run with the training program again next week, because I will be away. I'm OK with that because I am focused now and am able to do the long runs on my own, considering that we are still on the "short" end of the long runs.

Happy Running to All.

5 Comments:

At Sunday, June 04, 2006 6:51:00 PM, Blogger David said...

I am liking your new commitment. Have fun in the sun. To toughen your feet up and minimize blisters try a lot of barefoot walking on the beach. Always works for me.

 
At Monday, June 05, 2006 3:13:00 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

great job on the 7.5 miles...don't get me started about blisters and hot spots...just...watch out for them! My run saturday was in the drizzle, too. sometimes that IS nice. GREAT JOB!

 
At Friday, June 09, 2006 11:02:00 AM, Blogger runnergirl said...

I hope that you are enjoying your vacation!

 
At Friday, June 09, 2006 1:49:00 PM, Blogger LadyCaptain said...

So jealous that you're up to 7 1/2 miles already! I'm joining the training team tomorrow to run for the first time in almost 3 weeks. I'll be trying for 4 miles.

Enjoy San Diego!

 
At Sunday, June 25, 2006 12:32:00 PM, Blogger a.maria said...

hey i'm guessing youre back from san diego.. so, how was it?! come back!! update us!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home