Friday, September 01, 2006

Busy, busy, busy.....

I know it's been awhile since my last post, but things have been really busy for me lately. On top of trying to keep up with running 4-5 times a week, football practice has started for my son. He practices 4 nights a week and by the time we get home, it's late and we have to eat and shower and just get things done......I know you all understand.

Since my last post, I have run a 10 mile long run, a 16 mile long run (which by the way, I knocked 10 minutes off from my last 16miler, yeah me!!) and a 10 miler.

Things are going good.

I bought new sneakers which are working out great. I switched from Brooks to Saucony, not for any apparent reason, just because the running shoe guy brought them out and I liked how they fit.

I have stopped running with gum......the only difference I have felt so far is that my jaw isn't hurting after my long runs!

I have to be honest here, I really just want this marathon to come and go. I am beat. I feel like I have been training FOREVER. I know I am getting better with my running, and I can definitely see the results on my long run, but a whole nother' month of this ......ARGHHH!!! I just want it to be here.

I have a 15 miler on the schedule for this week-end, and my club isn't meeting due to the holiday. I have decided to run a 25K, and not just any 25K, but one that has 16 HILLS total. Honestly.....I don't know what I am getting myself into, but I think I'm up for the challenge! We'll see.
It's suppose to rain so that ought to be fun, running hills in the rain...woohoo, shoot me now!

OK, I've got lots of catching up to do and commenting. I hope everyone has a great long week-end, and happy running!!

6 Comments:

At Saturday, September 02, 2006 5:35:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Good luck on your 25K. I have a 16-miler on tap for me today for my marathon training. I just hope I can get it done!

 
At Saturday, September 02, 2006 8:06:00 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Sounds like you have been busy! Way to go on knocking 10 minutes of your last 16miler! WAHOO!

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 4:17:00 PM, Blogger runnergirl said...

Way to go on the 16 miler! I hope the race went well over the weekend. I can't wait to hear about it.

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:53:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Ten minutes off of your 16-miler?!? That is awesome! Keep it up. Your marathon will be here before you know it and all of the hard work will pay off. You'll do great.

Glad you like your new shoes. I switched from Brooks to Saucony several months ago and I love mine.

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:11:00 PM, Blogger a.maria said...

oooh. wonder how the run went.

hills = fabulous. they suck during, but do fabulous things in the long term.

for your running AND your ass! ;)

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 5:59:00 PM, Blogger Jennifa......G said...

Sounds like your training is moving right along and it's really great to read your blog and watch your progress. I can't believe you have one month until the big day....I am wishing you a great month of training.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home