Saturday, September 23, 2006

In a nut shell

I have been trying all week to get a post out, but just haven't had time. Sorry.

Last Saturday, I ran the Nahant 30K. In a nut shell, the run went pretty good. Unbeknownst to me, the course was VERY hilly! It seemed like every time I conquered a hill, I'd turn the corner and there was another one, and it was bigger than the last. It was a killer. My ass was killing me. The last 4 miles of the race were flat, it was along the beach. As I approached mile 15, I was drained, the hills really took a toll on me. I made a mental note of a port a pottie at the 15 mark. By the time I reached 15 and a half, my "stomach" issue started to surface. Honestly....I just don't get it. Enough already. So I walked to the 16 mile where there was a water stop hoping that there would be another port a pottie. There wasn't! I ended up walking the rest of the race because I was literally going to crap my pants........again! I take that back, I ran the little tiny stretch to the finish because I was embarrassed that I was walking! My goal time was 4:15 and I ended up doing it in 4:37. Whatever. What are you gonna do?!

Some mistakes I made during the race:

*I didn't re-fuel - I thought the race would provide something along the course, but they didn't. I usually have my jelly beans and a granola bar.
*I only drank water - I never ever drink Gator-ade and I think I need to.
*I went out too fast - The whole race thing got me excited!

So that's it. I'm disappointed.

Tomorrow I am running 22 miles! OMG! Just saying it makes my stomach turn flips!
I am going to start off slow. I have been drinking gator-ade all week to get my stomach used to it. I am going to take an Immodium before I go to bed. I pray to god it works! I have also been hydrating all week and I've packed my jelly beans and granola bar. That's my plan.....let's hope it works.

Once this is over, it's TAPER BABY!! WOO HOO!!!

9 Comments:

At Saturday, September 23, 2006 7:44:00 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

I can only IMAGINE how excited you are to be tapering after tomorrow! WAHOO!!! :)

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2006 6:42:00 PM, Blogger David said...

Gosh, I can't believe the 30K was not stocked for your preservation.

22 miles already? Excellent. I find the blue frost Gatorade is the best. It goes down so easily.

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2006 7:58:00 PM, Blogger MotownRunnerGirl said...

Just eat bland stuff. It might be nerves that's upsetting your stomach. That's what upsets mine. Also, that's great that you're going up to 22 miles. 22 miles!!!!! We're just going up to 20. Should I go a little farther?

 
At Monday, September 25, 2006 8:28:00 AM, Blogger Jennifa......G said...

Holy Cramoly! 22 miles. I hope it went well and that your stomach cooperated. You are almost there girl! It sounds like your staying strong despite the obstacles in your path. :)

 
At Monday, September 25, 2006 10:09:00 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

these things happen. I didn't put it in my opus-length race report, but that thing you were worried would happen in your race? Yep, it happened in mine. To me. I kept going. what are ya gonna do?? i've got 22 on the sked for saturday. I hope yours went well! i'm taking two immodium the morning of. I'm so jealous you are tapering already!!!

 
At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 5:11:00 AM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I hope the 20 miler went well for you. That 30K sounded dreadful if you had that problem. Nasty, painful.

 
At Sunday, October 01, 2006 6:01:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hope you kicked the 22-miler's ass!!

 
At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 9:51:00 PM, Blogger MotownRunnerGirl said...

hey missy, thanks for stopping in on my blog. i'm excited the event is almost here tho i totally wimped out on my long run this weekend. i just didn't do it!! yikes. i'm scared. hope your poopie problem gets fixed soon. remember...relax, and eat bland stuff.

 
At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 9:54:00 PM, Blogger MotownRunnerGirl said...

um, also, how do you post your own picture on this blog. i really want to post mine but it always tells me the file is too big or the url is too big. there's got to be an easy way to do this...that's why i just have some random photo of feet....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home