Saturday, October 07, 2006

Thank you! Hartford or Bust!!

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who blogs about running, has read my blog, commented and has given me a tremendous amount of support over the past 5 months. It really means a lot.

It's funny because this all started about a year and half ago on a whim. I started walking, and that eventually turned into running. One day I googled tips on running and came across the Running Chick with the Orange Hat's blog. At this time I didn't really know what blogging was. I started to read her blog religiously for months. This lead me to other blogs linked from her web site and got me hooked on the world of running blogs. Her posts were amazing and gave me a wonderful insight on the world of running. She never knew this of course, because I was only reading and not commenting. She was so inspiring and made me want to go out there and just run!

....and that's what I did. I ran.

Fast forward to today....

I have had an amazing training process. I am doing things that I never would have imagined. Me, little ole', single mom, work her fingers to the bone, never has a minute to herself, always running around, working like a crazy woman, scrimping and scraping........ME, is running a marathon on Sat! YEAH ME!!! WOO HOO!!! GO ME!!

I have met some wonderful people along my training and would not have been able to do this without them.......and that includes YOU!

I am ready. I am ready to run this marathon. I have prepared to the best of my ability.

My goal is to finish. Period, end of story.

I wish that Hartford had a tracking system on the web, but they don't. I would have posted my bib number for friends (that's you) and family.
I will get my post race report out as soon as possible.

Wish me Luck!
I love you all!

5 Comments:

At Friday, October 13, 2006 10:09:00 AM, Blogger susie said...

Good luck! Have a blast and run strong! I love Hartford:)

 
At Saturday, October 14, 2006 7:14:00 AM, Blogger Jennifa......G said...

Good luck girl. You made me want to cry...you have been an inspiration to me as you have progressed with your training and I want to thank you for that. Your going to kick butt and I am so glad to be here to see you cross that finish line. :)LOL and we're rootong for you over here on the westcoast!

 
At Saturday, October 14, 2006 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Good luck!

Wait. I missed it. I suck.

But I know you did great! :)

Waiting for the report.

 
At Saturday, October 14, 2006 6:34:00 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

Good luck! And we're DYING to know what happened!!

 
At Monday, October 16, 2006 9:18:00 AM, Blogger Cassie (TIGGS) said...

can't wait to read the post about it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home